1234 Summer Street, Suite 400, Stamford, CT 06905 - Call Today (203) 977-2413

Agreements & Legal Issues

Agreements, Modifications and Legal Issues

Attorney Robin Cotler has experience drafting, negotiating, modifying and reviewing all kinds of legal agreements for clients in Stamford, in Greenwich and throughout Fairfield County, Connecticut and Westchester County, New York, We also take action to modify and enforce existing agreements. This experience allows us to find creative and effective solutions to meet our clients’ needs.

Contact our law firm online or call (203) 977-2413 to schedule a free consultation. We accept most major credit cards and pride ourselves on offering reasonable fees for our clients.

Modification Of Agreements And Court Orders

Some changes cannot be anticipated upon the signing of an agreement or an order of the court. If there is a major change in a client’s life, the client may be unable to comply with provisions of the divorce decree and will need to file a request with the court to modify the order or judgment.

Child support and parenting plans may have to be modified due to loss of employment, an increase in one party’s income or a change in the needs of a child. However, to enforce a modification the change must have been ordered by the Court. A modification that is made but for which there is no court approval could result in a finding of contempt by the court. Such a finding could result in serious consequences for the party that modified their behavior without the agreement of the other party or an order of modification from the Court.

Attorney Cotler will attempt to negotiate a modification so that a full hearing is unnecessary. One of the more costly factors in a legal action is the time you spend waiting in court for your case to be heard. Some aspects of a judgment may only be modified if there has been a substantial change in your circumstances. COTLER LAW LLC can assist you with a various modifications of orders.

Enforcing The Terms Of Your Divorce Agreement

If you believe that the other party has not complied with the terms of your agreement, we may be able to file a contempt motion for you. In a contempt motion, we will request that the other party comply with your divorce agreement. In addition, we will request that the party in contempt pay your legal fees. Our law firm takes on all types of enforcement matters, some financial in nature, and others related to the behavior of the parties or children. Whatever the issue, our clients can rely on our judgment and insight honed over decades of legal practice.

To talk to attorney Cotler regarding the critical matter that is affecting your family, contact the Stamford, Connecticut, law firm of Cotler Law LLC by calling (203) 977-2413 or completing the online contact form. Your initial consultation with a lawyer is free and confidential.